Top 15 Sweet Clean Romance Books
Are you in the mood for a heartwarming read that leaves you feeling giddy? Look no further than these top 15 sweet clean romance books! From historical tales to contemporary dramas, these books will make you swoon and believe in love.
1. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
This modern romance features a heroine with Asperger’s syndrome who hires a male escort to teach her about intimacy. As their lessons progress, they start to fall for each other in unexpected ways.
2. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
The classic story of a quiet, shy girl who falls for a popular boy, A Walk to Remember will give you all the feels.
3. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Lucy and Joshua are coworkers who can’t stand each other – or so they say. As they engage in a series of office pranks, their animosity turns to attraction in this enemies-to-lovers tale.
4. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Another Sparks classic, The Notebook tells the story of Allie and Noah, two young lovers who are forced apart by family disapproval. Years later, they reunite and rediscover their love.
5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Set in post-World War II England, this book follows an author who becomes fascinated by a group of Guernsey residents who formed a literary society during the war. When she visits the island to learn more, she becomes entwined in their lives and learns about love and loss.
6. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
Another Hoang book on the list, The Bride Test follows Khai, a Vietnamese-American who is convinced he can never love. When his mother goes to Vietnam to find him a wife, he meets Esme, a determined and hardworking woman who challenges all of his beliefs.
7. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This tearjerker tells the story of Lou, a quirky young woman who takes a job as a caretaker for Will, a former daredevil who is now paralyzed. As Lou tries to bring joy back into Will’s life, she discovers that her own life has been transformed as well.
8. The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary
When Tiffy is looking for a cheap flat, she agrees to share a bed with Leon – but they will never be there at the same time. As they communicate through sticky notes and emails, they start to fall for each other despite never having met.
9. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
For a sweet beach read, check out The Summer I Turned Pretty, which follows Belly as she spends another summer at her family’s beach house with her childhood crush, Conrad.
10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
A classic for a reason, Pride and Prejudice tells the tale of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy, two people who initially despise each other but slowly come to realize their true feelings.
11. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Don Tillman, a socially awkward genetics professor, decides to find a wife using his own scientific methods. When Rosie, who does not fit his strict criteria, enters his life, he begins to question everything he thought he knew.
12. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
When Lara Jean’s secret love letters are accidentally sent out to her former crushes, she enlists the help of one of them, Peter, to convince everyone that they are dating – but they soon realize that their fake relationship may not be so fake after all.
13. The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
When Alexa and Drew get stuck in an elevator together, they decide to pretend to be each other’s significant other for a wedding the next day. As they spend time together, they start to realize that their connection may be more than just fake.
14. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
In this queer romance, the son of the President of the United States falls for a British prince. As they navigate their relationship in secret, they realize that love is more important than all of the politics and protocol.
15. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
A heartbreaking yet ultimately uplifting story, The Fault in Our Stars follows Hazel and Gus as they fall in love and face the challenges of living with terminal illnesses.
Before the conclusion, here is a comprehensive guide with bullet points on what to look for in a sweet clean romance book:
– Chemistry: A good romance book should have strong chemistry between the main characters. You want to feel like they belong together and are meant to be.
– Conflict: While the romance should be sweet and clean, there still needs to be some sort of conflict to keep things interesting. This could be an external force or an internal struggle that one or both of the characters face.
– Character development: The best romance books feature characters who grow and change throughout the course of the story. You want to see them overcome their flaws and become better people.
– Realistic expectations: While it’s fun to read about fairy tale romances, it’s important to remember that real relationships take work. Look for books that deal with real-life issues and show the characters working through them.
– Happy endings: While not all romances have to have a happy ending, most readers prefer them. Look for books that leave you feeling satisfied and hopeful for the characters’ futures.
In conclusion, there are plenty of sweet clean romance books out there that will make you believe in the power of love. Whether you’re in the mood for a contemporary drama or a classic tale of star-crossed lovers, there is a book on this list that will make your heart sing. Spread the love and share this list with your fellow romance fans!