My Books of the Year 2022
Reading is one of the most relaxing hobbies and can help you in many ways, from improving your vocabulary and writing skills to reducing stress and anxiety levels. As we enter a new year, it’s time to discover what the publishing world has in store for us. The year 2022 has some really exciting books lined up and we have rounded up some of the most anticipated ones for you.
1. ‘Klara and The Sun’ by Kazuo Ishiguro
Kazuo Ishiguro is a Nobel Prize-winning author and his new book ‘Klara and The Sun’ is highly awaited. The novel tells the story of Klara, an AI, who is chosen as a companion for a sickly girl named Josie. Through Klara’s eyes, we see what it means to be human and the importance of emotions in our lives.
2. ‘Trejo’s Tacos: Recipes and Memories from LA’ by Danny Trejo
If you love Mexican cuisine, you should definitely check out Danny Trejo’s cookbook ‘Trejo’s Tacos: Recipes and Memories from LA’. The book includes over 75 recipes for tacos, margaritas, salsas, and other Mexican favorites. Danny Trejo is known not only for his acting skills but also for his culinary talents, and this book is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
3. ‘Project Hail Mary’ by Andy Weir
Andy Weir is back with a new novel ‘Project Hail Mary’. The story is about a lone astronaut who wakes up on a spaceship with no memory of how he got there. He soon discovers that he’s on a mission to save humanity from extinction, but he has to figure out what that mission is before it’s too late. Andy Weir is known for his science fiction novels, and this one is sure to be filled with twists and turns.
4. ‘Blackout’ by Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, and Nicola Yoon
‘Blackout’ is a collaborative novel by six bestselling YA authors about a power outage in New York City that turns strangers into best friends, enemies, and maybe even lovers. The novel is written in six different perspectives and shows how people come together in times of crisis. With six great authors working together, this book is sure to be a page-turner.
5. ‘The Final Girl Support Group’ by Grady Hendrix
‘The Final Girl Support Group’ is a horror novel by Grady Hendrix. The story is about a support group for women who survived horror movie-like massacres. The main character, Lynnette Tarkington, has kept her past a secret until one of her group members is killed, and she has to come face to face with her fears. Grady Hendrix is known for his horror-comedy books, and this one is sure to keep you up at night.
2022 has some great books in store for us, from science fiction and horror to self-help and romance. Reading not only expands your knowledge and imagination, but it also provides an escape from reality. So, pick up a book, find a comfortable spot, and lose yourself in the world of literature.
My Book of the Year 2022: https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2021/nov/books-to-look-forward-to-2022.html
Before You Start Reading:
Before you start reading a book, it’s important to consider a few things:
1. The genre of the book: If you don’t enjoy reading a specific genre, don’t force yourself to read it. Picking a genre you enjoy will make it easier for you to finish the book.
2. The author’s writing style: Every author has a unique writing style, and it’s important to know if you like it or not. You can find out about the author by reading reviews or their previous works.
3. The book’s length: If a book is too long or too short, it may not hold your interest. It’s important to pick a book that you’re comfortable reading.
4. Your reading environment: Make sure that you’re in a comfortable and quiet environment where you can concentrate on the book.
5. Your reading pace: Don’t set unrealistic reading goals. Read at a pace that’s comfortable for you.
Following these steps can help you pick the right book and enjoy it to the fullest. Happy reading!